- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Former Jamaican cricketer murdered Read More
- CWI hits back at charges Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Having sent home hundreds of civil servants to reduce its expenditure, Government is being urged to fix several human resource management issues in the Public Service.
An Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) “diagnostic” of Central Government found an “over-reliance” on academic qualifications when recruiting workers for the Civil Service.
It advised Government to complete a competency framework, “as soon as possible”, when hiring workers. This would “complement the 2016 Qualifications Order and reduce the current over-reliance on academic qualifications”.
“Once the competency framework has been completed, job descriptions should be updated, and the updated profiles utilised in all recruitment activities,” it recommended in the study titled Building State Capacity In The Caribbean: The State Of The Civil Service In Barbados. (SC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION or pick up a copy of today’s newspaper to read the full story.
#meandmynation #yournewsyourtimeyourway #ilovemynation246 #nationbarbados #Nation246