A police officer loading a bag of narcotics onto the incinerator lift. (Photo by Christoff Griffith)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Jones smashes Forde’s 400m indoor record Read More
- The key for WI Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
The police destroyed more than 1 000 pounds of illegal narcotics worth almost $5 million yesterday at the Bridgetown Port.
Senior officers were at the Port overseeing the burning. Assistant superintendent Peter Gibson said the contraband was taken from adjudicated cases or found growing in the wild.
“We are burning 60 kilogrammes (132 pounds) of cocaine and 407 kilogrammes (897 pounds) of marijuana taken from seizures around the country; from ports of entry; from adjudicated cases and from the work of the sea police and coast guard,” he said. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION or pick up a copy of today’s newspaper to read the full story.
#meandmynation #yournewsyourtimeyourway #ilovemynation246 #nationbarbados #Nation246