- AS I SEE THINGS: The new normal Read More
- The art of managing a business Read More
- Boxing Call Read More
- ODI team looking to halt WI slide Read More
- There’s evidence to support homophobia Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: Gay bishops of the Holy Spirit? Read More
- Crop Fusion ticket buyers can collect refunds Read More
RESIDENTS IN THE IVY, St Michael, are demanding a greater police presence in the area. Following a number of shooting incidents over the past month that sparked out of control during the last two days, residents are calling for a police mobile unit to be placed in the community. Police are investigating two shooting incidents in the area. On Monday afternoon just after 4 p.m. a man from the area received a gunshot injury to his neck at the Blenheim playing field. The second incident occurred around 7:45 p.m. where Adrian Mathew, 30, of Howell’s Cross Road, received gunshot injuries to both heels near the same playing field. They were both taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, treated and discharged.