- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Culture is key to business success Read More
- Numbers not adding up Read More
- Rosberg’s winning streak continues Read More
- Joshua riding high Read More
- GET REAL: Agents of white supremacy Read More
- PETER WICKHAM: Brexit to Caricom Read More
- Reggae party blazing on the Hill Read More
RESIDENTS IN THE IVY, St Michael, are demanding a greater police presence in the area. Following a number of shooting incidents over the past month that sparked out of control during the last two days, residents are calling for a police mobile unit to be placed in the community. Police are investigating two shooting incidents in the area. On Monday afternoon just after 4 p.m. a man from the area received a gunshot injury to his neck at the Blenheim playing field. The second incident occurred around 7:45 p.m. where Adrian Mathew, 30, of Howell’s Cross Road, received gunshot injuries to both heels near the same playing field. They were both taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, treated and discharged.