- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The battle against sugary drinks Read More
- ‘Mother’ to all baked goods Read More
- New appointments top WICB agenda Read More
- Dunwoody, Weekes make splash Read More
- I CONFESS: Mothers let children run the show Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: A month to remember Read More
- Weekend Buzz December 9, 2016 Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) is ready to rumble on February 21. Political leader and former Prime Minister Owen Arthur last night said his party was confident of a win at the polls, and would wage a serious campaign battle, taking nothing for granted. “We are confident, but not yet triumphant,” a careful-sounding Arthur told the MIDWEEK NATION moments after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart revealed that election day would be February 21, and Nomination Day next Wednesday. Arthur said: “We certainly can’t say we’ve been caught napping. The Barbados Labour Party will benefit from being given this opportunity to do all its work in good time,” the MP for St Peter added.