- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) is ready to rumble on February 21. Political leader and former Prime Minister Owen Arthur last night said his party was confident of a win at the polls, and would wage a serious campaign battle, taking nothing for granted. “We are confident, but not yet triumphant,” a careful-sounding Arthur told the MIDWEEK NATION moments after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart revealed that election day would be February 21, and Nomination Day next Wednesday. Arthur said: “We certainly can’t say we’ve been caught napping. The Barbados Labour Party will benefit from being given this opportunity to do all its work in good time,” the MP for St Peter added.