- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- UPDATE: Volcanoes begin chase with 68/2 in Super50 final Read More
- Pride take on Volcanoes in Super50 final Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) is ready to rumble on February 21. Political leader and former Prime Minister Owen Arthur last night said his party was confident of a win at the polls, and would wage a serious campaign battle, taking nothing for granted. “We are confident, but not yet triumphant,” a careful-sounding Arthur told the MIDWEEK NATION moments after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart revealed that election day would be February 21, and Nomination Day next Wednesday. Arthur said: “We certainly can’t say we’ve been caught napping. The Barbados Labour Party will benefit from being given this opportunity to do all its work in good time,” the MP for St Peter added.