- THE HOYOS FILE: ‘Big Six’ tax still ruling Govt’s revenue Read More
- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Jennifer St Hill Read More
- Tons of Pride Read More
- Coaches' call Read More
- EDITORIAL: Windies problems bigger than players Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN': Own-way yuh is feel Read More
- Strictly dancing over two days Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) is ready to rumble on February 21. Political leader and former Prime Minister Owen Arthur last night said his party was confident of a win at the polls, and would wage a serious campaign battle, taking nothing for granted. “We are confident, but not yet triumphant,” a careful-sounding Arthur told the MIDWEEK NATION moments after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart revealed that election day would be February 21, and Nomination Day next Wednesday. Arthur said: “We certainly can’t say we’ve been caught napping. The Barbados Labour Party will benefit from being given this opportunity to do all its work in good time,” the MP for St Peter added.