- TOURISM MATTERS: Exploit the film tourism niche Read More
- FAO ‘should boost food mission’ Read More
- Empire beat Police to take Elite lead Read More
- Warrican the lone addition Read More
- MONDAY MAN: No regrets about teaching Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t force LGBT position on society Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) is ready to rumble on February 21. Political leader and former Prime Minister Owen Arthur last night said his party was confident of a win at the polls, and would wage a serious campaign battle, taking nothing for granted. “We are confident, but not yet triumphant,” a careful-sounding Arthur told the MIDWEEK NATION moments after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart revealed that election day would be February 21, and Nomination Day next Wednesday. Arthur said: “We certainly can’t say we’ve been caught napping. The Barbados Labour Party will benefit from being given this opportunity to do all its work in good time,” the MP for St Peter added.