- Irma costing LIAT millions Read More
- Flow sending tech team to countries Read More
- Hamilton wins in Singapore with Vettel out Read More
- Surfboard salute to Zander Read More
- Education system breeding deviancy Read More
- Krystle Clear: Crime, Violence and the Economy Read More
- Lesley Chapman-Andrews is Miss Universe Barbados 2017 Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has finally rung the election bell. Barbadians will go to the polls on February 21. Nomination day will be February 6, next Wednesday. Weeks of speculation finally ended just after 5 p.m. yesterday, when the long awaited date was released by the Prime Minister. In a brief release from the Government Information Service (GIS), the Prime Minister confirmed he had met with Governor General, Sir Elliott Belgrave and the required proclamation to have Parliament dissolved had been made. Reports indicated that it was just after noon yesterday that Stuart had travelled to Government House to make a call on the Governor General, and that the election date was on the horizon.