- AS I SEE THINGS: Developing Barbados Read More
- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Darone Brathwaite Read More
- Badminton finals thrilling Read More
- No to rule change Read More
- Win-win solution for containers Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Boss wants to have sex with me Read More
- Moonlight wins Best Picture Award Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has finally rung the election bell. Barbadians will go to the polls on February 21. Nomination day will be February 6, next Wednesday. Weeks of speculation finally ended just after 5 p.m. yesterday, when the long awaited date was released by the Prime Minister. In a brief release from the Government Information Service (GIS), the Prime Minister confirmed he had met with Governor General, Sir Elliott Belgrave and the required proclamation to have Parliament dissolved had been made. Reports indicated that it was just after noon yesterday that Stuart had travelled to Government House to make a call on the Governor General, and that the election date was on the horizon.