- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The case for a Caribbean debt initiative Read More
- ...For the Big Day – and birthdays Read More
- Pakistan on top Read More
- Cameron defends axing of Simmons Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: People fearful of next step Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Pros, cons and pseudos Read More
- Bashment ‘part of we culture’ Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has finally rung the election bell. Barbadians will go to the polls on February 21. Nomination day will be February 6, next Wednesday. Weeks of speculation finally ended just after 5 p.m. yesterday, when the long awaited date was released by the Prime Minister. In a brief release from the Government Information Service (GIS), the Prime Minister confirmed he had met with Governor General, Sir Elliott Belgrave and the required proclamation to have Parliament dissolved had been made. Reports indicated that it was just after noon yesterday that Stuart had travelled to Government House to make a call on the Governor General, and that the election date was on the horizon.