- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Four days in Atlanta Read More
- CDB water loan for B’dos Read More
- Get rid of egos in West Indies cricket Read More
- PM: Change must come Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: No place like sweet ol’ Bim Read More
- EDITORIAL: Need for bail guides Read More
- Faiths meet At The Cross Read More
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart has finally rung the election bell. Barbadians will go to the polls on February 21. Nomination day will be February 6, next Wednesday. Weeks of speculation finally ended just after 5 p.m. yesterday, when the long awaited date was released by the Prime Minister. In a brief release from the Government Information Service (GIS), the Prime Minister confirmed he had met with Governor General, Sir Elliott Belgrave and the required proclamation to have Parliament dissolved had been made. Reports indicated that it was just after noon yesterday that Stuart had travelled to Government House to make a call on the Governor General, and that the election date was on the horizon.