Evangelist Courtney Selman and his wife Marilyn, making a bold fashion statement. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Some familiar faces were missing from this year’s Christmas Morning in the Park but many of the other regulars who turned out remarked on the “fantastic concert” by the Royal Barbados Police Force band.
SOCIAL SCENE zeroed in on couples such as former health chief Dr Joy St John who flew all the way from Geneva from her job as assistant director general for Climate, to be in the Park with hubby Jeffrey, and on veteran sportscaster Sam Wilkinson and his wife Judy who were standing in their usual place near the bandstand. Evangelist Courtney Selman was spotted dapperly dressed in a red suit complemented by his wife Marilyn’s bold red dress with matching lace jacket.
There was a notable absence of certain regular political faces and fewer children were seen frolicking around the Park. Nonetheless, it was a lovely atmosphere with the Police Band commanding the stage, while style and fashion ruled the grounds. (GC)
For more pictures check out the full album on The Nation Barbados Facebook page.