Shane Brathwaite (left) posing with awards alongside CAC bronze medallist boxer Kimberly Gittens. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
THE SHOW is back on again!
It seems like there will be a National Sports Awards ceremony after all, as reports have surfaced that the National Sports Council (NSC) is currently in the process of planning a scaled down event for February 23 at the Wildey Gymnasium.
Efforts to reach Minister of Sports John King and NSC chairman Mac Fingall proved futile but multiple sources close to the situation confirmed the news three weeks after the annual event was originally abandoned.
“The nomination forms are going out to the associations [today] and the venue apparently has been booked so it would appear that everything is back on now for next month at the Gymnasium instead of the Frank Collymore Hall,” disclosed one of the sources. (JM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.