Shane Brathwaite (left) posing with awards alongside CAC bronze medallist boxer Kimberly Gittens. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
THE SHOW is back on again!
It seems like there will be a National Sports Awards ceremony after all, as reports have surfaced that the National Sports Council (NSC) is currently in the process of planning a scaled down event for February 23 at the Wildey Gymnasium.
Efforts to reach Minister of Sports John King and NSC chairman Mac Fingall proved futile but multiple sources close to the situation confirmed the news three weeks after the annual event was originally abandoned.
“The nomination forms are going out to the associations [today] and the venue apparently has been booked so it would appear that everything is back on now for next month at the Gymnasium instead of the Frank Collymore Hall,” disclosed one of the sources. (JM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.