Shawn Franklin (Picture by Christoff Griffith.)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
When Shawn Franklin got the chance to join the Rotary Club of Barbados seven years ago, he took it.
It’s a “balancing act” being dad to Kenya and Summer, husband to Cheryl, working at his job as a valuation surveyor, being president of the club from July till present, and working on projects to improve the lives of others.
But it’s a choice he doesn’t regret. For him, it has always been “service above self” which is also the club motto.
“Apart from club and work, I don’t have a lot of free time. Family time is critical. You have to try to involve your family in Rotary. My wife, she was instrumental in starting [Rotary’s cyberbullying programme. She does her part.
“Other than that, I try to stay fit, get in the gym every now and again. Crop Over is my time to unwind and relax. I love music. I’ve also judged Party Monarch a few years. I love the culture,” he said. (GBM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.