Matthew Baptiste-Derrick (right) of St Michael was the champion in the 18-metre section. At left is Rashidi Boyce. (GP)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Students of The St Michael School captured the lion’s share of the top prizes in the N&T Beginners Archery Classic.
The Martindales Road, St Michael school took the top three places in the in the Boys’ 18 metre shot for the more advanced competitors and also produced the girls’ champion from the same distance.
Matthew Baptiste-Derrick led a clean sweep forSt Michael, with Demarcus Morris finishing second and Christopher Blades third.
In the girls’ section, Ciara Marshall of St Michael prevailed ahead of the Queen’s College pair of Shelsey McClean and Alexis Gibson. (HG/PR)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.