Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago Dr Keith Rowley. (FILE)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
PORT OF SPAIN – Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley will deliver an address to the nation that will be broadcast in two parts beginning on Sunday, the Office of the Prime Minister said in a brief statement.
It gave no reasons for the broadcast being split into two parts except to state that the first will be aired on Sunday evening and “the second part will air on Monday 07 January, 2019”.
Political observers say it is likely that the prime minister will in the broadcast, apart from the traditional New Year address, also concentrate on the upcoming local Government and Tobago House of Assembly (THA) elections this year as well as lay the ground work for the 2020 general election.
The ruling People’s National Movement (PNM) controls the Local Government, THA and Central Government. (CMC)