Shaquille Toppin was gunned down Tuesday night. (GP)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Tuesday night’s killing of a tattoo artist, who was shot 16 times, has left his family in a state of shock.
Shaquille Toppin, 24, was gunned down outside his home in Danesbury, near Retreat Road in Black Rock, St Michael, around 9:55 p.m.
Sister Zonel Forde said they were still trying to come to grips with the tragic circumstances, as they comforted each other.
“There is nothing I can say to describe what happened; seeing him lying on the road was just horrific,” she told THE NATION on Wednesday afternoon. “He was with us here inside and said he coming back. Then we heard the gunshots and immediately we dropped to the ground. Down here was chaotic.” (SB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.