Barbados' top tennis player Darian King
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
The Bajan King is now one win away from featuring in his second grand slam tournament.
Only Serbian Viktor Troicki stands in the way , as Barbados’ top tennis player Darian King defeated Russian Alexey Vatutin 6-3 , 4-6 , 6-2 to advance to the final round of qualifying at the Australian Open.
Yesterday King got the better of a previous finalist Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.
Today’s result means that King is now in the same position as last year when he made it to the final round but was beaten by Swede Elias Ymer. (AGB)