Barbados' top tennis player Darian King
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The Bajan King is now one win away from featuring in his second grand slam tournament.
Only Serbian Viktor Troicki stands in the way , as Barbados’ top tennis player Darian King defeated Russian Alexey Vatutin 6-3 , 4-6 , 6-2 to advance to the final round of qualifying at the Australian Open.
Yesterday King got the better of a previous finalist Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.
Today’s result means that King is now in the same position as last year when he made it to the final round but was beaten by Swede Elias Ymer. (AGB)