- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Former Jamaican cricketer murdered Read More
- CWI hits back at charges Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Goddard Enterprises Limited (GEL) is easing further out of the financial sector in Barbados.
The Barbados conglomerate is selling its 45 per cent shareholding in Sagicor General Insurance Inc., having disposed of its 49 per cent stake in the former Globe Finance Inc. last year.
“Subsequent to the [financial] year-end, the Company signed an agreement to dispose of its 45 per cent shareholding in Sagicor General Insurance Inc,” GEL said as it reported on its performance for the year ended September 30, 2018.
Sagicor General is jointly owned by Sagicor Life Inc. and GEL and offers general insurance coverage for property, motor, accident, marine cargo and hull. (SC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.