A deep crack in the road at Rosegate, St John. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Foster takes bronze Read More
- Hales in, Smith snubbed Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
Residents of Rosegate, St John, are wondering what needs to be done to get Government to pay some attention to the condition of the road there.
Since October 2017, residents say the road collapsed and was impassable and nothing has been done to fix it.
Myrna Vernon, who returned to Barbados five years ago from the UK, said the road was in that deplorable state for too long.
“Sometime in October 2017, the morning my daughter dropped her daughter off to school, by the time she came back the hole had occurred. MTW [Ministry of Transport and Works] came, brought a few cans; the next couple of days they brought some marl, dropped it off there and left and that was that. From the time that fell in they’ve never looked back,” she said. (DB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.