Deputy Commissioner of Police Erwin Boyce. (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Latapy’s goal to lift Bajan game Read More
- Challenge for SMS, Foundation Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Senior citizens are being warned to be on guard against con artists. Police recently highlighted two cases in which a man made off with undisclosed sums of money after tricking his victims into letting him into their homes.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Erwin Boyce said police were concerned about the incidents and recalled that police arrested and charged a perpetrator years ago.
“I remember such activity was part and parcel of a particular individual. We actually caught and charged that person but I don’t know if his modus operandi has been adopted and is resurfacing again,” he said.
The senior lawman advised seniors to be cautious around strangers. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.