The casket of Geoffrey Carmichael at Westbury Cemetery yesterday. (GP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Former Jamaican cricketer murdered Read More
- CWI hits back at charges Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Geoffrey Carmichael was finally laid to rest yesterday at the Westbury Cemetery.
A close friend of the deceased told THE NATION that a brief ceremony was conducted at the grave-side yesterday morning.
Last Wednesday a funeral service was supposed to be held at St Stephen’s Anglican Church for the 61-year-old man, who died on December 20. But while several mourners were in attendance, the corpse never left the funeral home, forcing Reverend Geoffrey Harewood to cancel the ceremony.
The friend said: “Only the pastor, the girlfriend’s family and close friends attended the brief ceremony.” (MB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.