The casket of Geoffrey Carmichael at Westbury Cemetery yesterday. (GP)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Barbados Pride crush Red Force Read More
- Brewster, Gale star in Classic Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Geoffrey Carmichael was finally laid to rest yesterday at the Westbury Cemetery.
A close friend of the deceased told THE NATION that a brief ceremony was conducted at the grave-side yesterday morning.
Last Wednesday a funeral service was supposed to be held at St Stephen’s Anglican Church for the 61-year-old man, who died on December 20. But while several mourners were in attendance, the corpse never left the funeral home, forcing Reverend Geoffrey Harewood to cancel the ceremony.
The friend said: “Only the pastor, the girlfriend’s family and close friends attended the brief ceremony.” (MB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.