Daryll Harris was shot dead on Tuesday. (GP)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
Three shooting deaths within the first two weeks of the year have left residents in some communities fearing for their lives. This is in light of the brazenness of the shootings, some of which occurred in broad daylight.
The most recent killing took place on Tuesday when Daryll “Rude” Harris, of Phase 2, Barbarees Garden, St Michael, was brutally murdered.
The 42-year-old father of 13 was at home when a gunman walked up and shot him nine times. He was taken by private vehicle to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH), where he died.
His family was too distraught to speak to the media but his mother, in tears, said repeatedly: “They killed my son.”
Harris was recovering from two gunshot wounds to the feet last December in New Orleans, The City, and was on crutches. (DB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.