WRECKER: Jimmy Anderson warmed up for next week’s first Test against the West Indies by knocking over the President’s XI top order.(Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
203 FOR 19. It is not fake news. That was the score for the President’s XI team in two combined innings yesterday with the young contenders in West Indies’ cricket folding miserably against the touring England side at the 3Ws Oval.
Batting has been difficult for both teams in the two-day tour match but the truth is, the pitch was not a minefield and this was more a case of bad batting than anything else.
Given two opportunities to bat, no one made 40 and with the exception of Vishaul Singh and to a lesser extent Raymon Reifer and captain Jahmar Hamilton, the young guns in Caribbean cricket did not show the technique and temperament to make one feel that any of them are close to Test selection.
Jermaine Blackwood and Sunil Ambris batted twice and on both occasions failed to get into double figures.
In contrast, it was a good workout for the England side, whose batsmen had made 284 all out on Tuesday before extending the score to 317 after batting on before the close of play.(MK)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.