The police are aware of a photograph circulating of two male individuals, in uniform from a secondary school in Dennery brandishing guns, according to law enforcement sources. (GP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
CASTRIES, St Lucia – Police Friday confirmed that they have launched an investigation in the posting of photographs on social media depicting two students in uniforms holding what appears to be firearms.
We have received the photos and presently our intelligence team is developing the investigation with regard to those photos. Consequent to that assessment we would know from our police perspective exactly how to move forward,” Assistant Commissioner of Police responsible for Crime and Intelligence, Wayne Charlery, told the online publication, St Lucia Times.
In the photographs, one of the student is seen posing with a handgun, while the other cradles what looks like a pump action shotgun.
Charlery said the guns appear to be real, adding “this is why we are taking it so seriously.
“I don’t know if it’s an old picture – that’s the first time I am seeing it, so we are treating it as if it is not old at all. Obviously it is a source of concern and we are doing our best to try to deal with that incident as appropriately as possible,” he told the publication. (CMC)