The birthday girl encouraging church members to keep trusting in God. She also asked the youth to put down the guns. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
BARBADOS’ NEWEST centenarian, Tabitha Maynard, is pleading with the youth to put down the guns.
While celebrating her milestone yesterday at the Ebenezer Pentecostal Church in Airy Cot, St Thomas, the birthday girl made an impassioned plea for an end to the recent rise in gun violence.
“I beg them to stop the shooting, put down the guns and stop the stabbing up [of] each other and turn to the Lord. It’s not worth it. Learn to live in love,” she implored.
Maynard, who offered up much praise and thanks to the Lord for allowing her to reach 100 years, said Jesus was the secret to her long life. (DB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.