Two for AC Milan camp

shadiasimpson, shadiasimpson@nationnews.com

Added 25 October 2012

torianpassing

TORIAN WENT and Antone Greaves have turned their dreams into reality and will leave the island on Tuesday to attend the International AC Milan Youth camp in Italy. The young footballers were chosen from a field of 103 players when local football club Pro Shottas hosted the first ever AC Milan Youth Camp in the Eastern Caribbean earlier this year. Went and Greaves told NATIONSPORT they were excited about the opportunity given to them and would be looking to put their best foot forward. Went, a 14-year-old Harrison College student, said he would like to become a professional footballer.   “I will be looking to give of my best and bring pride to Barbados,” Went said, adding that the one-week opportunity to go to the AC Milan Youth Camp was just the beginning. Twelve-year-old Greaves, of Christ Church Foundation School, said he was humbled by being chosen. “I always wanted to be a part of the AC Milan Youth team and now that I’ve been given the opportunity, I will make the most of it,” he said. President of the Barbados Football Association (BFA), Randy Harris, said that while he did not believe Barbadians would have been selected to visit AC Milan in his life time, it was an honour for the two youngsters. In addition, Harris said it was the responsibility of the BFA, as the governing body of football in Barbados, to assist the players. The footballers are due to return home on November 5. (ML)

comments powered by Disqus

VIDEO

POLL

Do you agree with principal Joseph King that the Ministry of Education needs to revisit the ban on cellphones?

Yes
No
Don't know

INSTAGRAM

CARTOON