- Barbados key to Cuba investment Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Is Clinton or Trump better for immigrants? Read More
- Positive reviews for Barbados surfers Read More
- Barbados thrash Guatemala 11-0 Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: Chinese doctors to the rescue Read More
- I CONFESS: Women don’t know they’ve got it good Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 30, 2016 Read More
The Royal Barbados Police Force will not be headed by a non-Barbadian in the foreseeable future. This assurance from Attorney General Ariel Brathwaite comes when Deputy Commissioner of Police Bertie Hinds has gone on pre-retirement leave and Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin contemplates retirement. Speaking to the DAILY NATION about succession in the force, the Attorney General was adamant that replacements for the top cops would not be sought outside Barbados. “Barbados has a cadre of very young, able-bodied competent police officers that I do not see – certainly in the short to medium term – any reason for us to consider looking outside for management in the Royal Barbados Police Force.