- Flavourful twist to sugar cakes Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Education as an economic platform Read More
- Squash juniors claim title again Read More
- Windies blown away Read More
- EDITORIAL: Govt must honour UWI debt Read More
- WILD COOT: Credit card surge Read More
- Edwin and Lil Rick win Soca Royale Read More
Telecoms companies in Barbados need to get their act together or be stripped of their licences says noted economist Professor Avinash Persaud. In a no-holds barred address to major players in the international business community, the economist charged that these companies’ failure to provide reliable and efficient broad band services could doom the offshore sector. He called on Government to get so tough on the providers that their ability to operate should be threatened thereby forcing them to up their standard of Internet service. Persaud was one of the featured speakers yesterday at the Barbados International Business Association’s (BIBA) two-day conference Creative Approaches For Global Expansion at Hilton Barbados.