- CDB urges regional governments to act now Read More
- New equipment company opens Read More
- NBA Hall of Fame finalists announced Read More
- Holder: Opponents feared us Read More
- TALKBACK: Smoking ban can hurt tourism Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Much joy at harvest programme Read More
- Six for Miss Holetown Read More
Telecoms companies in Barbados need to get their act together or be stripped of their licences says noted economist Professor Avinash Persaud. In a no-holds barred address to major players in the international business community, the economist charged that these companies’ failure to provide reliable and efficient broad band services could doom the offshore sector. He called on Government to get so tough on the providers that their ability to operate should be threatened thereby forcing them to up their standard of Internet service. Persaud was one of the featured speakers yesterday at the Barbados International Business Association’s (BIBA) two-day conference Creative Approaches For Global Expansion at Hilton Barbados.