- Tax dent in FCIB profits Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The knowledge economy Read More
- Shell-shocked Windies Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: The challenges facing Carlos Read More
- NOT ALL BLACK AND WHITE: Govt gone a step too far? Read More
- TONY BEST: Kudos for Bajans in America Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
Telecoms companies in Barbados need to get their act together or be stripped of their licences says noted economist Professor Avinash Persaud. In a no-holds barred address to major players in the international business community, the economist charged that these companies’ failure to provide reliable and efficient broad band services could doom the offshore sector. He called on Government to get so tough on the providers that their ability to operate should be threatened thereby forcing them to up their standard of Internet service. Persaud was one of the featured speakers yesterday at the Barbados International Business Association’s (BIBA) two-day conference Creative Approaches For Global Expansion at Hilton Barbados.