- Bitcoin soars to record high above $6 000 Read More
- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Lloyd does trick for Christ Church West Read More
- Hope high and dry on 90 Read More
- Effectively manage fear of change Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Seventh heaven Read More
Telecoms companies in Barbados need to get their act together or be stripped of their licences says noted economist Professor Avinash Persaud. In a no-holds barred address to major players in the international business community, the economist charged that these companies’ failure to provide reliable and efficient broad band services could doom the offshore sector. He called on Government to get so tough on the providers that their ability to operate should be threatened thereby forcing them to up their standard of Internet service. Persaud was one of the featured speakers yesterday at the Barbados International Business Association’s (BIBA) two-day conference Creative Approaches For Global Expansion at Hilton Barbados.