BDFSP's goal scorer Renaldo Trim looking to motor by Dishon Howell. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
IT WAS a football match with a cricket score.
Omani Leacock scored a hat-trick as the Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP) inflicted the heaviest defeat of the season when they used all the weapons in their arsenal to hammer Notre Dameby a massive 12-0 margin.
Playing at the Barbados Football Association (BFA) Wildey Turf, the Dames, who have struggled in the Premier League ever since former coach Renaldo “Pewe” Gilkes stepped away from the job, were off to a nightmare start in the final game of the triple-header.
No sooner had referee Andrew Herbert blown the whistle to start play, Dames goalkeeper Shakib Kellman was taking the ball out of the back of his net.
BDFSP wing-back Rashad Smith, who was deployed further forward on the night, did well down the left side to beat a defender before crossing the ball into the box in time for Antonio Arthur, at the back post, to make the score 1-0.
The Dames, led by a frontline that includes national forwards Dishon “Eto’o” Howell and Zeco Edmee along with Dwayne Mars, weathered what proved to be a goal storm for the next 21 minutes before the BDFSP struck again.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.