Sarah Belle (right), of champions Inniss, winning the Under-20 Girls’ 200 from Lynch’s Chloe Lucas, with Chara Grimes-Perch (background) third. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Inniss, powered by their star-studded girls’ squad, captured the overall title when Christ Church Foundation held their inter-house athletics meet at the National Stadium yesterday.
Spearheaded by the likes of Hannah Connell, Sarah Belle, Daesha Brathwaite, Kelescia Downes and new acquisition Akila Harewood, Inniss (Blue) amassed 848 points to dethrone last year’s champions Lynch (Green), who had to settle for second place with 639.
Skeete earned (Gold) 576, Talma (Purple) 544 and Wellington (Red) 444 to be third, fourth and fifth, respectively.
Belle, competing in the Under-20 division for the first time, did the sprint double. She upset Connell (12.55 seconds) to take the 100 in 12.41 seconds and clocked 25.76 to win the 200, with Connell, who wasn’t feeling well, missing. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.