Curvill Browne looking at the remains of his property. (Picture by Sheria Brathwaite)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
An early morning blaze on Thursday gutted two properties in Diamond Valley, St Philip, belonging to Heather Browne and her husband Curvill.
Heather, who struggled to speak, said she was in a state of shock and had to be sedated by the doctor.
“I was coming from the kitchen by the shop to go into the house and at the same time a guy ran from the back and told me the house burning at the back,” she said.
“I ran in the house when I saw the blaze and my daughters came in and pulled me out, asking me why I going in there.” (SB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.