- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Titus strikes gold Read More
- Bajans seeking more Carifta swim medals Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
ELIZABETH HOUSE (Purple), with CARIFTA Games athletes Darian Clarke and Rhea Hoyte at the forefront won a fourth straight title with 857 points at the historic St Michael School Glow Sports at the Usain Bolt Sports Complex on Friday night.
It was the first time a secondary school in Barbados held its inter-house athletics meet under floodlights and over 4 500 spectators, including parents, students and old scholars converged on the Paradise Park, St Michael facility to watch the riveting action on the Ryan Brathwaite Track.
Boadicea (Blue) were second on 754.50 points, finishing ahead of Victoria (Red), who gained 743 points and Anne House (Yellow) with 694.50.
Young promising athletes such as Nathan Roett, Shadae Worrell, Josiah Parris and Samiya Dell joined Ashley Weekes in putting in sterling performances to maintain Elizabeth's dominance. (EZS)