- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
The 2019 Holetown Festival is officially open.
Though a bit more low key than in previous years, the event opened today at the Holetown Police Station grounds, a move from the customary location at the Holetown complex in St James.
Delivering the feature address, Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds encouraged all to come out and support the annual event.
He urged all, to reflect on the true meaning of the festival.
It was also noted that this year, there would be no Queen of the Festival Pageant.
At the opening, they were many cultural presentations as well as performances by Paula Hinds and ambassador for the event Hypasounds. (DB)