- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Triple jump gold ‘for granny’ Read More
- Belle bags silver Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
THERE IS TO BE no recurrence of people trespassing on the premises of the Mangrove Landfill and removing items dumped there.
This warning has come from chairman of the Sanitation Service Authority (SSA), Senator Rudy Grant. He was weighing in on the article Landfill Shame in last Tuesday’s DAILY NATION in which several men were seen rummaging through waste in the landfill for discarded items.
“As long as the landfill is operating, there is to be security in place and security must always be there to ensure that those types of challenges do not exist.
“I have had some discussion with the management of the landfill in relation to that to reinforce what is already a policy position,” the chairman said in an interview.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.