Victor ludorum Shai Thorne (55) helped Bayley’s win the boys’ title. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Lunch update: 2nd ODI WI VS England Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- QUON to represent the Barbados in TNT Read More
The female Tigers of Williams Industries West Terrace dismissed the field to keep their crown while former boys champions Bayley’s Primary took another championship under their belt when the Patsy Callender Zone opened the National Primary Schools Athletics Championships yesterday at the Usain Bolt Sports Complex.
The Tigers retained their title with 174 points, followed by Bayley’s Primary with 158 and Wesley Hall with 128 points. Bayley’s boys amassed 229 points, while Milton Lynch and Luther Thorne Memorial were second and third with 175 and 133 points, respectively.
But amidst the female Tigers unfailing efforts on the track and in the field, the victrix ludorum title was shared by Wesley Hall’s Aaliyah Goodridge and Kenisha Straughn of St Stephen’s Primary, who ran away with three individual events and 30 points each.
In the Under-9 Girls division, little Goodridge made her mark when she beat the clock to gain winning times in the 80 metres in 12.21 seconds, 100 in 15.00 and 150 with 23.32. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.