Acting Leader of the House, Minister of Health and Wellness Jeffrey Bostic (Picture by Lennox Devonish)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The Estimates Debate will start on Monday at 10 a.m.
Before the House of Assembly adjourned earlier tonight, Minister in the Ministry of Finance Ryan Straughn laid the 2019 to 2020 Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure.
Acting Leader of the House, Minister of Health and Wellness Jeffrey Bostic then moved the adjournment and said the 2019 Appropriation Bill would be debated in Committee when Parliament resumed next week.
It will mark the first time for the debate under a new format where Minister and officials in their ministries, are scheduled to face questions from Members of Parliament on the allocation of funding.
In a departure from previous practice, Cabinet members in the Senate will also be expected to give an account of spending within their portfolios during discussion in the Lower House.
Bostic said debate would also take place on Tuesday and Friday, after which further consideration of additional debate on the Estimates would be taken. (SC)