- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Garrison Racing Results - Valentine’s Day Raceday card Read More
- Leicester are for real, five point clear in Premier League Read More
- RON IN COMMON – More opportunities to travel north Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t trigger moral panic Read More
- Friday nights for wine and sax Read More
VONRICK NURSE’S sparkling 40-ball 71 proved enough for TeleBarbados Carlton to get up in the final over and beat previously unbeaten CounterPoint Wanderers by four wickets with five balls to spare in an exciting Sagicor General Twenty20 third-round encounter, yesterday. Nurse almost singlehandedly carried the home team in their pursuit of the challenging 149 required to win after the visitors, who won the toss in friendly batting conditions, posted 148 for four. The experienced right-handed stroke-maker counted four fours and three sixes in his first 50 runs, which came off 29 balls. Overall, he stroked one other four and two more sixes before he became the second of two wickets for Gary Belle in the off-spinner’s final over, the 16th of the innings. West Indies opener Kraigg Brathwaite, batting in the unfamiliar No. 4 position, had earlier propelled the Dayrells Road men to their eventual total. He took 20 off the final over of the innings bowled by pacer Dawayne Sealy and in the process, recorded his half-century off 39 balls with three fours and two sixes, on the way to 56 not out off 42 balls with four fours and two sixes.