- Barbados seeking to strengthen commercial links with Panama Read More
- AB InBev expects to cut three per cent of jobs after SABMiller takeover Read More
- Bajan Gems rout Argentina Read More
- Bajans swim into third Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Good job athletes Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t dismiss our concerns Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
THE BARBADOS FOOTBALL Association’s (BFA) Goal Project in Wildey has been hit by another snag. This time it is the Ministry of Housing and Lands’ ordering the demolition of the foundation for the planned three-storey headquarters as no approval had been granted by the Town Planning Department to begin that phase of construction. Newly elected president Randy Harris told the SUNDAY SUN it was a big disappointment. “One of the short-term plans was to have the facility available to the BFA. We thought it was very important for us now to make sure it was in a state that we could play matches, maybe rent portable lights, and play some of our matches at the facility since the Stadium is not going to be ready until February or March. It is a big disappointment,” Harris said.