CWI presidential candidate Ricky Skerritt (left) speaking to interim West Indies’ coach Richard Pybus who was director of cricket at the time. (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) has opened the door to Cricket West Indies (CWI) presidential candidate Ricky Skerritt and his running mate for vice-president Dr Kishore Shallow.
Both men will now be given the chance to put forward their case next week.
At a conference call press briefing streamed to regional media yesterday afternoon, Skerritt disclosed that an offer had been made by the BCA through its secretariat for them to speak at Tuesday’s board meeting in Barbados.
“Three boards have basically told us they were not interested in hearing our message but I am so happy to say, for what it is worth, that this morning (yesterday) I opened a message from the secretary of the Barbados Cricket Association inviting me to consider attending their next monthly board meeting which is next Tuesday,” he said. (MK)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.