The Caribbean Airlines plane that was damaged after it struck a wall at the Piarco International Airport. (CMC)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
PORT OF SPAIN – Caribbean Airlines (CAL), has launched an investigation following an incident in which a plane hit a wall at the terminal building at the Piarco International Airport.
In a statement on Thursday, CAL said the ATR-72 aircraft, 9Y-TTA, was being taxied from the ramp to an aircraft hangar late Wednesday when it came into contact with the wall of the airport terminal building.
CAL said the aircraft was not in active service and had no passengers or crew on board.
No personnel were injured.
The airline says the extent of the damage the aircraft sustained is being assessed. (CMC)