Sabreena Smith is unwilling to play for Barbados unless there is a new coach. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Trouble appears to be brewing in the Barbados netball camp and one player is not prepared to take to the courts under a current coach.
Four months away from the International Netball Federation’s Netball World Cup in Liverpool, Weekend Nation investigations have revealed that very few players have turned up to senior trials at the Netball Stadium.
Well-placed sources said the current below par turnout on court had stemmed from injuries, the unavailability of several players, a lack of interest and the unwillingness to play under the direction of a coach.Experienced mid-court player Sabreena Smith, one of the players staying away from the sessions, said she was unwilling to return unless the there is a new coach. (RG)