Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds chatting with Sandy lane executive Alpha Jackman and his wife Todney in the Sandy lane box. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Horse racing in Barbados takes on an exotic atmosphere on Sandy Lane Gold Cup Day, and this year was no exception.
The elegance in style and dining on show in the privately owned boxes and in the newest stand operated by Charles Edwards, the personalities in attendance for whom this premier Caribbean race day is a must on their social calendar, and the array of colour in the stands and on the Garrison Savannah itself all made for another smashing Gold Cup day.
And Sandy Lane’s general manager Randall Wilkie was happy, as he told Social Scene the upscale West Coast hotel would continue to sponsor the event. (GC)