CLOSE CALL: Tramaine Smith (394) edging out Jamee Walker-Miller (132) to win the Under-20 Boys’ 200 metres and book his ticket to the CARIFTA Games.(Picture by Kenmore)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
THE TRAIN is back on track and will be Cayman Islands-bound on a new CARIFTA Games journey next month.
Tagged “The Train” during his debut Lodge School sports, Tramaine Smith brought the National Junior Championships to an exhilarating climax at the National Stadium on Sunday night with a scintillating CARIFTA qualifying 200 metres run.
Velocity Management’s Smith, competing in his first qualifying meet of the season, powered out of the drive phase ahead and accelerated around the bend.
The six-footer then motored down the home straight to a sizzling victory in 21.34 seconds to complete a commanding conquest of the Under-20 Boys’ race, inside the standard of 21.40.(EZS)