BNA president Nisha Craigwell (right) will be investigating a situation between Panthers coach Makeba Clarke (left) and umpire Shanise Banfield. (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Netball officials have a pressing matter on their hands.
Both the disciplinary committees of the Barbados Netball Association and the Barbados Association of Netball Umpires could be pressed into action very shortly after an incident between an umpire and a club resulted in that official walking off the court.
The situation apparently reached a head on Wednesday at the Netball Stadium when umpire Shanise Banfield abruptly left a Division 3 game following an exchange of words with Panthers coach Makeba Clarke.
According to a source close to the situation, Banfield asked for time before approaching the Panthers bench to ask the club’s manager to leave the court area. (JM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.