- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The man who was shot by police while trying to escape last month, was released on bail today.
Gary O’Brian Chandler, pleaded not guilty to entering Norma Howell’s house as a trespasser and stealing a pair of $150 shoes belonging to Dwain Collymore on February 7.
He however was not required to plead to wounding Constable Rommel Downes with intent to prevent his lawful arrest.
When he reappeared before Magistrate Douglas Frederick in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court this morning, he explained to the court that he would be better off on the outside to get treatment as he had missed two appointments at the hospital since being on remand.
“My hand getting black and the pins coming out,” he said referring to the metal contraption secured to his left hand.
He was released on $3 000 bail with a surety and ordered to return to court on August 12. “Learn not to tell lies,” the magistrate told him as he exited the dock. (RA)