Co-operators General Insurance general manager, Anton Lovell.
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Put down the gun and pick up a ball.
Co-operators General Insurance general manager Anton Lovell believes sports can be used to combat the recent spike in crime by engaging young people in positive activity.
Lovell expressed the sentiment this week while addressing local basketball’s opening ceremony following last week’s latest shooting.
“These days we hear a lot about serious crimes and gun violence amongst the youth, yet I’ve heard no one put forward as one of the solutions the need to pay greater attention for emphasis and provide more funding into sports programmes, which will provide avenues for the youth to be positively engaged,” Lovell said.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.