- Khadijah’s special touch Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Institutional reforms and the public interest Read More
- Weather system forces netball postponement Read More
- Beefy Belle, regal Ramona Read More
- Budget suggestion Read More
- OUR CARIBBEAN: America’s historic poll battle Read More
- VIDEO: Sweet Soca Finals 2016 Read More
Sandy, which was last night downgraded from a hurricane to a storm, slammed into the New Jersey coastline with 80-mile per hour winds and hurled a 13-foot surge of seawater at New York City, threatening its subways and the electrical system that powers Wall Street. At least ten deaths were blamed on the storm, which brought the presidential campaign to a halt a week before election day. Below, streets are flooded under the Manhattan Bridge in the Dumbo section of Brooklyn, New York.