- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Culture is key to business success Read More
- Numbers not adding up Read More
- Rosberg’s winning streak continues Read More
- Joshua riding high Read More
- GET REAL: Agents of white supremacy Read More
- PETER WICKHAM: Brexit to Caricom Read More
- Reggae party blazing on the Hill Read More
Sandy, which was last night downgraded from a hurricane to a storm, slammed into the New Jersey coastline with 80-mile per hour winds and hurled a 13-foot surge of seawater at New York City, threatening its subways and the electrical system that powers Wall Street. At least ten deaths were blamed on the storm, which brought the presidential campaign to a halt a week before election day. Below, streets are flooded under the Manhattan Bridge in the Dumbo section of Brooklyn, New York.