- ON THE RIGHT: Harmonious regional growth is possible Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Competitiveness a recipe for growth Read More
- Sada Williams pulled from Rio team Read More
- Teenage fast bowler in WI Test squad Read More
- EDITORIAL: Need to revisit Crop Over Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: It’s not best practice Read More
- Kaiso queens Read More
SHAWN GILL went for his usual Sunday swim at Browne’s Beach, St Michael, last Sunday. He did not make it home this time. Friends and family of the 20-year-old Waterford, St Michael resident are still trying to figure out what happened between the time he left home around 1:30 p.m. Sunday and when his body was pulled from the waters by people at the beach at 7:30 a.m. yesterday. What makes the turn of events more difficult to process is that Gill was a Sea Cadet and could swim and dive. Calls to Gill’s cellphone went unanswered overnight and yesterday relatives called the hospital and other places, trying to locate him.