- ON THE RIGHT: No easy solution to water crisis Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Water woes a global issue Read More
- Pinelands and Cavs advance Read More
- Back in court Read More
- EDITORIAL: Queen’s Park facelift a timely effort Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: Baygon and the plastic bag Read More
- Faiths meet At The Cross Read More
SHAWN GILL went for his usual Sunday swim at Browne’s Beach, St Michael, last Sunday. He did not make it home this time. Friends and family of the 20-year-old Waterford, St Michael resident are still trying to figure out what happened between the time he left home around 1:30 p.m. Sunday and when his body was pulled from the waters by people at the beach at 7:30 a.m. yesterday. What makes the turn of events more difficult to process is that Gill was a Sea Cadet and could swim and dive. Calls to Gill’s cellphone went unanswered overnight and yesterday relatives called the hospital and other places, trying to locate him.