Mavericks’ scorer Kemar John (right) taking a shot at goal. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- First gold Read More
- Rain delays CARIFTA Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
KEMAR JOHN’S 20-minute double capped off an inspired display from Mavericks Fire as they triumphed 3-1 over Pro Shottas United in the Under-17 final of the Barbados Football Association’s National Youth Cup Tier 1 finals on Saturday at the Wildey Turf.
Mavericks handed the advantage to their opponents with an own goal, but a vastly improved second-half performance helped them to the trophy.
In the Under-15 final, Pro Shottas squeezed out a slender 1-0 win over Pinelands United, who boasted the inclusion of a handful of national Under-15 selectees. However, Aaron Cumberbatch’s lobbed solo effort in the 27th minute was all the Shottas needed to seal the victory.
Jaheim Neblett was unlucky to convert into his own net in the 26th minute, but for Pro Shottas, it was the only grace they would receive from Mavericks.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.