- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- First gold Read More
- Rain delays CARIFTA Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
PARIS – A fire broke out at Notre Dame Cathedral in central Paris on Monday afternoon, a spokesman from the fire department said.
Smoke could be seen billowing out from the top of the medieval cathedral, as flames leapt out besides its two bell towers, a Reuters witness said.
A major operation was under way, the fire department added, while a city hall spokesman said on Twitter that the area was being cleared. (Reuters)