Veoma Ali (FP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- First gold Read More
- Rain delays CARIFTA Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
VEOMA ALI was many things to many people and at her funeral service yesterday, friends and relatives painted an engaging picture of a woman who was highly regarded by all whose lives she touched.
Those giving tributes to the late broadcaster at her funeral service in the chapel of Coral Ridge Memorial Gardens sang the same chorus – she was special.
Ali died last Tuesday at age 39 – gone too soon, according to the song played as mourners left the chapel. They had just sat for over an hour through a service in which there was no singing, but touching recorded music and showers of praise.
They heard an emotional Omar Ali describe his late daughter as a “beautiful human being” who cared deeply for the disadvantaged from an early age, and demonstrated that caring in her acts of generosity and kindness.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.