Rain has delayed the start of the second session at the CARIFTA Games. (Picture by Krystal Hoyte)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Windies ‘A’ fall again Read More
- Surfers worried over Sandy Lane plan Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
Rain has delayed the start of the second session of the 2019 CARIFTA Games at the Truman Bodden Sports Complex, Cayman Islands.
The Opening Ceremony was scheduled to get underway at 5 p.m. Barbados time, but persistent showers have put a damper on proceedings.
More than 500 athletes from across the Caribbean are taking part in the premier track and field meet in the region.
Among the items on the programme include the finals of the 100, 400 and 1 500 metres, the continuation of the octathlon and heptathlon and various field events. (SAT)