Of the 271 buses at Transport Board, only 42 are currently working. (Picture by Davandra Babb)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Windies ‘A’ fall again Read More
- Surfers worried over Sandy Lane plan Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
Commuters should have cleaner bus terminals and improved toilet facilities come Tuesday, but Transport Board buses will still be in short supply.
This Easter weekend, all the terminals were being cleaned, painted, and bottled water distributed to commuters. The bottled water distribution will continue until water fountains are installed.
However, after starting with 48 working buses yesterday morning, six broke down, and by mid-afternoon only 42 were still operating.
A Transport Board source, who requested anonymity, told the Sunday Sun the board was facing major challenges, none of which can be fixed overnight. (DB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.