The lights at the Gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Complex are critical for sporting activity to go on. (FP)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Windies ‘A’ fall again Read More
- Surfers worried over Sandy Lane plan Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
A number of sports have had the plug pulled on them temporarily due to the absence of lights at the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex.
It has been two weeks since the Wildey facility has been in darkness, but though the problem has recently been identified as a blown fuse, acting director at the National Sports Council Neil Murrell told MIDWEEK SPORT the Gymnasium could remain out of commission for another week since the parts are being sourced from the United Kingdom.
“It was a fuse that had blown. We are sourcing that fuse now and at the same time we are doing servicing of the electrical system. The gymnasium should be back up and running by next week Tuesday. . . ,” he said. (RG)
Read more at nationnews.com. Subscribe now to our eNATION or pick up a copy of today’s newspaper to read the full story.