Seymour Nurse (FILE)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- World Cup squad unchanged Read More
- Twin sisters on the rise Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘All agreed’ on Crop of changes Read More
The Barbados Cricket League issued the following tribute in memory of the late Seymour Nurse who passed away on Tuesday at age 85 after a long illness.
The Barbados Cricket League (BCL) has lost one of its Legends.
Seymour Nurse commenced his career playing BCL cricket in the City Division and was a prolific batsman before going on to represent Empire, Barbados and the West Indies with great distinction.
His service coincided with the era of the Three “Ws” and found difficulty in breaking into the team. However, once the opportunity was given, there was no turning back.
The BCL has a division in his name and whenever he was able, his presence was felt at our events. He will be missed.
On behalf of the Board of Management, our patron, players and umpires we extend our condolences to his family.
May he rest in peace and rise in glory. (PR)